Salary: Competitive salary
Post Type: Full time
Closing Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of China’s leading universities in the fields of finance, economics, management and tourism.
The Surrey International Institute, located on the DUFE campus, is an academic partnership between DUFE in Dalian and the University of Surrey in the UK. It is growing International Business Management, International Tourism Management and Accounting and Finance program have an established international reputation.
NB: This appointment is not with the University of Surrey. While the role, within a highly international team of academic colleagues, is to teach on the SII-DUFE Accounting and Finance programme, the appointment will be made by the DUFE, and the successful candidate will be employed by the DUFE.
The commitment will initially be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of one year, renewable by mutual agreement.
A Ph.D. in business management disciplines or a closely related field and a recent record of published scholarship in peer-reviewed journals is preferred, or a master’s degree in business management fields and a number sufficient years of relevant industry and professional experience.
- A PhD in business management, preferably with teaching/industrial experience.
- Successful applicants must be able to design and teach courses in international business management and teach a broader area of business management fundamentals at the undergraduate level.
- The candidate must have at least two years of teaching experience.
- Raising awareness of quality assurance processes in UK higher education.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain effective communications with colleagues, and use initiative to solve problems or find information.
- Teaching experience in the UK and internationally is preferred.
- A certificate of teaching qualification is preferable
- Standard salary ranges range from £30,000 to £54,135 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Applicants who do not fully meet all criteria or who complete a PhD may still be considered for positions, but on agreed terms and salaries.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience, but will compare favorably with leading Chinese universities.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as housing allowance, relocation allowance, medical insurance, and paid vacation.
- All academic faculties are engaged in research activities and provide research funds for fieldwork, conference attendance, and awards for publications in academic journals.
- Our ideal candidate will have a proven and solid background in undergraduate teaching, as well as relevant professional experience
- Develop new teaching methods that encourage positive interactions and overall student development.
- Teaching various undergraduate modules in the disciplines of international business management, such as management and core business skills, law and ethics of employability and professional practice, entrepreneurship, business international relations, business decision-making and organizational psychology of companies.
- For more information, list of available modules: https://catalogue.surrey.ac.uk/2021-2/programme/UKA10-42
- Plan, execute and critically review a range of teaching and assessment activities appropriate to student levels.
- Quickly define and/or grade coursework, practice sessions, exams and provide appropriate feedback to students based on grading rubrics.
- Provide regular counseling hours, personal tutoring, and extracurricular support for students seeking subject guidance, advice on assessments, or related questions.
- Participate in peer class observations or other staff development initiatives aimed at improving quality.
To apply, please send your CV, a brief cover letter indicating teaching abilities by subject, the main page of your passport and two reference letters from former employers to [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the selection criteria will receive a response from us.
Applications will be processed upon receipt until positions are filled.
For any other questions about advertised positions, please contact:
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)
Dalian, People’s Republic of China