Industry: Education and formation
Job Category: Education and formation
Campus: Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
Remuneration: Market related
EE position: Open to everyone
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a dynamic and cosmopolitan university, rooted in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on achieving Global Excellence and Stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainability, and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision to “position UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) within the context of Africa’s social, political and economic evolution”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a compulsory vaccination site in accordance with the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment depend on compliance with said policy.
The Business Management Department is a dynamic department aimed at developing business leaders and business captains for the future, locally and globally. We offer a variety of degree, graduate and postgraduate programs offered in a multi-campus environment. We strive to be innovative in the development and research of cutting edge subjects. The Department is actively recruiting a professor to join its dynamic team.
- Teaching modules related to business management and/or entrepreneurship at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Develop a research pipeline and undertake proven research in the global study areas of entrepreneurship and/or business management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the department’s research strategy and teaching and learning strategy.
- Develop and maintain professional and industrial partnerships.
- Participate in the supervision of postgraduate students, mainly at the master’s and doctoral level.
- Help with academic administration.
- Oversee departmental portfolios, in consultation with the Head of Department.
- A relevant PhD (NQF 10) in business management or entrepreneurship.
- Between eight and ten years of professional experience in the field of higher education.
- Excellent teaching skills and knowledge in the field of business management and/or entrepreneurship.
- A proven record of excellence in accredited academic research output in the areas of business management, strategic management, sustainability and/or entrepreneurship
- Substantial experience in supervision at the master’s and doctoral level (completed students).
Skills and behavioral attributes:
- Computer skills
- English proficiency
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and proven experience in academic administration.
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of the online learning environment
- Previous exposure to managing portfolios in a higher education environment
- Proof of visibility within the academic community
- Currently NRF listed, or in the process of being listed within the next 2-3 years
Job content inquiries: Prof C Schachtebeck on (011) 559-3623 Compensation and Benefits Inquiries: Antoinette Kanfer at (011) 559-2548 (HCM business partner)
Your application, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and full names and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees, must be uploaded on or before the closing date of the advertised position. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic degree, proof of registration with professional bodies to which you may belong, and, if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research results and/or or a portfolio of your creative output.
Applications (UJ e-Recruitment Portal)
If you have any general questions regarding the advertised position, please send an e-mail with the subject line of the position reference number to [email protected]
If you need technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment site, please contact our service provider PNET at the following coordinates: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Applicants may be subject to appropriate psychometric tests and other selection instruments.
In addition to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievement, the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people with disabilities and people from historically disadvantaged groups.
Depending on operational needs, the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to advertised positions. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.