Archives: Loans between people, guide to know everything
For a few years, the term “Loans between people and individuals” has been heard more strongly in Spain. In this article, we will learn about what loans are between people, what types there are, the characteristics they have, how to apply and their regulation. Go for it!
What are interpersonal loans?
The loans between individuals are those loans that move away from the traditional banking circuit and offer loans for individuals (or companies) that need financing but with the peculiarity that they are funded by other individuals who lend their money in exchange for a return. These types of loans are also called P2P loans.
Why do loans between people arise?
This type of loans arise due to several reasons, these are some of the most outstanding:
- General dissatisfaction with banks. Formerly, it was frequent to apply for bank loans only. Its additional costs created a general discontent that generated the development of new ways of financing, such as loans between people.
- Boom and expansion of new technologies in the financial sector. New technologies have made it possible for loans to be executed between people. It can be done through a private contractor choose to do it with the different online platforms that improve the service offered by the banks, while the cost of the operation is considerably lower, offering a much more agile and transparent product.
Types of loans between people
As we said before, we can distinguish two types of loans between people:
Loans between people without intermediary platforms
In this type of loans, there is no organization to regulate and control, so they can be riskier. These types of loans are formalized through a private contract of loans between individuals. This type of loans may or may not have interests associated with it.
Loans between people through a platform that intermediates
In this type of loans, there is an organization that manages them. These are platforms that try to establish contact between users who, on the one hand, seek to finance themselves and, on the other, invest with the intention of making their savings profitable.
The idea and the fundamental objective of these platforms is to reduce the cost, facilitate and speed up the process of granting the loans granted by the banks.
From now on we detail the characteristics and procedure of the loans between people through this type of platforms.
Characteristics of loans between people
- Loans between people through crowdlending platforms such as MytripleA have the following main advantages:
- Loans outside the banking circuit. Forget the banks, now you can get loans in better conditions without going through any of them.
- They can obtain this type of loans from both companies and individuals. Depending on the platform, loans for companies or for individuals are offered. You will find this information easily.
- It is an agile, fast and transparent process, 100% online, which greatly speeds up the process
- Borrowers and investors benefit from numerous advantages over the traditional system.
- The borrower (company or individual) obtains a loan with free repayments (both total and partial), without hiring any additional, agile and transparent product. Even in the case of MytripleA, a loan of 3.90% APR can be obtained for companies or SMEs.
- On the other hand, investors get a high return for lending their money, they also know what is being used and even with the satisfaction of knowing that it is contributing to the business fabric of this country. In addition, in the case of MytripleA, there are guaranteed investments, where investors, in addition to obtaining an attractive return for their money, is guaranteed by a Reciprocal Guarantee Company. You can learn more about these guaranteed investments here.
How to request a loan between people
There are platforms that manage loans between people, person-company and company-company. The Emergency Cash Advances Online application procedure is similar in all three cases given that it is done through the online platform itself and in that same process you will know what additional information the platform needs to study your loan application.
The loan agreement between people
This type of loan contract can be formalized before a notary or not, as is the case of loan contracts between individuals.
The information reflected in the standard policies will show the data relative to all the investors that finance this loan. Another relevant fact is that these investors are the ones who have the right to receive the loan and not the platforms.
Requirements to get a loan between people
Depending on the platform you are targeting to obtain a loan between people, solvency requirements will be required, that is, the investor must have a guarantee of the investment on the part of the borrower.
On the other hand, if the loan is between investors and companies, the requirements change. The company will be required to do the following:
- Do not have continued losses during the last 2 years.
- Do not hold debts with the Treasury or with Social Security.
- Do not count on negative own funds during the last 2 years.
- The requested amount, like the term, must be within the limits established by the platform
In any case, the assistant will indicate you during the application process if you meet the required requirements or not.
Loan documents between people
One of the most important sections for the granting of loans between people, person-company or companies, is the documentation.
The documentation has to reinforce the veracity of the information initially requested in the registry. Therefore, in the case of loans between individuals and companies, the additional documentation presented must reflect their real economic situation. It needs to be clear and transparent.
The documents are, among others, to know the solvency of the company and the economic history:
- Company deeds
- Business plan in case of entrepreneurship
- Banking Pool
- Corporation Tax or IRPF (self-employed)
- Additional concrete documentation depending on the case